1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No stamina.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If he was trying to look as though he had a grasp of government and the issues, he didn't make it.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I honestly feel like most of the undecideds — the people Trump needs to win — must have listened to that birther answer like: Who the hell is Sidney Blumenthal? What is this about? I don't follow this thread at all.

I seriously think we over-estimate how many people give a shit about the details we obsess over. Bringing up Sidney isn't winning you any votes. It's preaching to the people on this message board. (And maybe the people on Brietbart and, oh, StormFront.)

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This.

She did a good job holding her own and not getting bogged down in his shenanigans. She sounded well reasoned and delivered strong punches when she needed to and let him be crazy.

That said, Trump needs to find ways to bring everything back to the economy. That was where he was strongest tonight and had her on her heels. The line about seeing NAFTA's results in the rust belt states was great. But he can't stay on point. Out will be interesting to see if he works to correct that in the next debates.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You'd have still gotten your money back if Neuman had gotten that letter in the mail box.

JC likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Does anyone else watching CNN notice that they subbed Corey Lewandowski for the female Trump shill between segments?

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

It's a Festivus Miracle. We can all bond over Seinfeld.

dixiehack and old_tony like this.
  9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ringing endorsement!

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I still am stunned that he basically admitted to stiffing contractors. I mean, the architect DID build the clubhouse he wanted for Trump National in Weschester. And afterward, Trump said he did a great job. And he still uses that clubhouse for the course! I've been there. It's beautiful. It's huge. Him saying "Maybe I didn't like the job he did" is bogus. It's exactly what Trump asked for and got.

But then refused to pay. And he almost bankrupted the guy's company. It's pathological.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Seems like Trump admitting he doesn't pay taxes should sort of be a big deal.

Inky_Wretch and FileNotFound like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.