1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Guess we found what's the matter with Kansas.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that would be smart, but it would be great TV (which is what matters in the end to most anyway).

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

She had a little help from a moderator who thought Birtherism (but only Trump's part of it) and tax returns were a huge deal, but the Clinton Foundation, Benghazi, Email controversy, collapsing at 9/11 memorial, her Iraqi war vote, etc. weren't worth exploring.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, nobody was watching when Trump was rambling incoherently the final hour. I'm sure that must have been the case. Did you notice that MNF (Saints-Falcons) got its lowest rating ever last night?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think this wins the Whitman Predicting Award For Predictions.

A defensive Donald J. Trump lashed out at the debate moderator, complained about his microphone and threatened to make Bill Clinton’s marital infidelity a campaign issue in a television appearance on Tuesday just hours after his first presidential debate with Hillary Clinton.

The Morning After the Debate, Donald Trump Goes on the Attack

doctorquant likes this.
  6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

From noted liberal John Podhoretz:

His supporters should be furious with him, and so should the public in general. By performing this incompetently, by refusing to prepare properly for this exchange, by not learning enough to put meat on the bones of his populist case against Clinton, he displayed nothing but contempt for the people who have brought him this far — and for the American people who are going to make this momentous decision on Nov. 8.

Trump’s debate incompetence a slap in the face to his supporters | New York Post

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Must've only watched the last hour.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

AND IF THE REFS WOULD HAVE CALLED ALL THE HOLDING DONE BY THE EAGLES, THE STEELERS WOULD HAVE WON LAST SUNDAY!

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Here's the thing: He might actually have prepared properly. Preparation gets you only so far ... there's this thing called ability, too.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I somewhat reject the ongoing premise that the issue is only that he doesn't prepare.

He's also just not very good at understanding this stuff.

Stoney likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Wow, great minds think alike.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Agreed, dq. I hear the suggestions that maybe now he will prepare for the next two debates. That's like learning a semester of trigonometry in three days before the final exam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.