1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's where your lack of knowledge about journalists and journalism shines through. I believe you think editors sit in budget meetings and say, "Let's take this AP story and tweak it to highlight the liberal viewpoint."

HanSenSE and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Oh, sure. But the demographics make it pretty clear who most journalists are voting for, and that may express itself through their coverage. It doesn't have to be a collective or even a conscious effort.

3. jr/shotglass

I'm not so sure I agree, Dick. When the narrative turns against the media to this degree, it might just be time to inject a little reality. Because I believe YF is a pretty good representation of how America looks at the media. They're the people who complain about the writers "putting a misleading headline" on their story.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The media calling an ignorant, buffoonish candidate an ignorant buffoon ≠ media bias.

dixiehack likes this.
  5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You have very strange fantasies.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

When I was a reporter I was yelled at for the photo that was used when the story ran. I didn't even know we had a photographer there.

7. jr/shotglass

That's what I'm talkin' about. Hey, I was accused of bias against a Little League organization because the paper ran my photo of one of their all-stars booting a ground ball.

Inky_Wretch and HanSenSE like this.
  8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

No, you don't look down on people who have a different opinion than you at all. No sir!! Not a drop of elitist blood running through your veins.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes. I'm sure your experience on a desk in Pennsyltucky gives you great insight into how Washington political reporting works.

Journolist was a real thing. Are we supposed to believe it doesn't exist in some other form today? When all of the same players still cover national politics?

10. jr/shotglass

I'm sorry, you're hopeless. There's a lot more to the world than your limited experience.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

People don't, nor do they care to, understand how the media works. There is literally nothing you could say to stop the accusations of bias.

I used to get accused of it, equally vigorously, by both sides. I took that to mean I was doing it right.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I look down on them. And you.

JC and YankeeFan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.