1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

These were Trumps original political positions as I recall:

I support Gays.

I support abortion rights.

Maybe he lied about not supporting the Iraq invasion initially but he was sure the hell the only candidate campaigning on what a terrible decision the Bush administration made to go through with it and appropriately criticizing those who did.

He pointed out how the economic system was fixed in favor of rich people and that he naturally took advantage of that and hence was qualified to fix that.

If he had stuck to that, I would have voted for him in spite of the pretend racism.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Daily News is cheap and lazy:

Killick likes this.
  3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I agree with most of this with the exception of you misspelled benefiting. Both benefiting and benefited should only have one "T." It kind of goes against some of the rules we learned in spelling, but I remember learning that back in 1984.

But one thing this does make me wonder: Based on what the NY Times published within days after the debate, did the Times and Hillary collude on this information? Hillary knew it to spring on him in the debate, and days later the Times finds it in their mail boxes. Did the Times give it to Hillary, or did Hillary give it to the Times?

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The Times got it weeks ago and spent its time authenticating the documents. As for Hillary, she was engaging in the same parlor game most everyone has played all year: What's in Trump's Tax Returns? You can look back months ago on this very thread and find examples of that. It was a very obvious attack for her to make, and even Cheeto Jesus should have seen it coming.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Is this for real? Are you trying to say Trump's taxes haven't been an issue for the entire campaign? Really? As if it wasn't going to be part of the debate anyway?

Also, the Times hasn't gone easy on Clinton. If you say otherwise, you haven't been reading it.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Like he's a liar. As usual.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tony is just looking for excuses because he can't accept the possibility that a Democrat might win yet another presidential election.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

But he'll have some free time to hit those early Christmas sales. Which is good because I'm sure the local firearms emporium is expecting another banner year for moving merchandise.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think it's even slightly more nuanced than that. Voters bought into this idea that Trump is a self-made American success story - and he cares about me! Then they find out that he got what seems to them to be the same kind of tax break from the government every rich asshole gets. It's like seeing the boy that you thought liked you making out with a cheerleader, or seeing your favorite ball player treat a waitress poorly. It makes no sense, of course. Trump didn't do anything wrong, on the surface. But he's not what they idealized him to be, and so a lot of what was propping him up as a viable alternative candidate has been undercut. It's hard for him to rail about a "rigged" system now. Of course, that's silly. It's an uncontrovesial tax law that makes sense.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

"That's called 'business.' "

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.