1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Once again, its ignoring the content of what is said because you object to the color of the paper/print.

old_tony likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'd be curious what @three_bags_full thanks of this.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

When people complain about the US losing jobs, why don't they realize that if they decided to pay the premium for Made in USA goods, those jobs would still be here?

Seriously, the US can still make steel just as well as the Koreans/Chinese, you will just have to pay more for your car. Pay more for your plastic bags/toothbrush/tires.

The only people to blame for loss of jobs is US, look in the mirror.

Why is the organic movement in foods even viable? Because consumers have decided that they are willing to pay more $$ for food produced organically. Hey you want to keep Detroit afloat? Buy American. in 1988 I had to buy a domestic car because my parents would not loan me any $$ to buy a foreign car. So instead of a sweet Acura Integra or Toyota Celica or Datsun Z, I bought a Mustang GT (still pretty damn fun).

You want high paying domestic jobs? You have to pay for it. Econ 1A.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

People don't just buy organic for the altruism, though.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh for heaven's sake. The only reason buying so much steel from Korea or China is attractive is because (wait for it) ... THERE ARE ALREADY TONS OF HIGH-PAYING JOBS IN THE U.S.! If U.S. workers didn't have lots of better-paying (or otherwise more attractive) options, buying steel from Korea or China wouldn't be a thing.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt that at this moment any member of this board is wearing any item of clothing made in the US. This is a train that sailed long, long ago. Manufacturing is coming back because automation plus lower shipping costs make up for cheaper Asian labor. The high paying (relatively) jobs that left are not returning with the manufacturing.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Must. Not. Swing. At. Pitch.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I do all my shopping at Walmart.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks for sending small business owners into bankruptcy as well, Sunshine.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

You're welcome.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It's the only choice when the opponent has a 30-year record of not just corruption, but massive, self-enriching corruption.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.