1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I thought Kaine seemed way to hyped up early (I didn't watch closely until later) and didn't come off well. However, he hammered Trump but Pence would not/could not defend his running mate. Pence "won" the debate because he looked better but I can't see how it was a good night for Trump. It was as if Pence didn't realize that there is video of everything he and Donald have said over the last year (while he didn't defend Trump he continually denied saying what we have all heard).

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

What did Kaine address about his boss? No good answers on e mail, Benghazi, Iran, Russian Reset.

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Bubba on Obamacare:
    "So you've got this crazy system where all of a sudden 25 million more people have health care and then the people who are out there busting it, sometimes 60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half. It's the craziest thing in the world,"

He's lost his mind. You just never know what he's going to say next.

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Again, I didn't watch closely for the entire debate but what is there to say about some of these? Benghazi is a pretend controversy (as is the email "scandal"), and the Iran deal is a good deal that limits their ability to gain nuclear weapons. In fact I think I remember Kaine pointing out that the Iran deal was good and Israeli intelligence agreed.

Cosmo likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

BENGHAZI!!! EMAILS!!! MS!!! HILLARY IS REALLY STEPHEN HAWKING!!! /goptalkingpoints

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Our top diplomat doesn't seem to understand our enemies or rivals, be they Russia, Iran, or the Taliban, at all:

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Kaine should have laughed in Pence's face any time he brought up the subject of Russia or anything related, and pointed out Dumpf has swallowed Putin's cock down his throat balls deep. Hillarys policy toward Russia may be shaky but she's not bobbing on Putin's knob like Fucko is.

Hillary may have inadvertently exposed some info to Russian intelligence forces; Fucko delivers it right to them every morning in his daily report to Komrade Vlad.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Kaine interrupted too much early on, but I give him credit for bringing up and supporting Hillary on touchy issues.

To me, Pence came across as a passive-aggressive scold who seems like he had rehearsed for weeks to display human emotions.

Hell, Trump is more likable than Mike Pence.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    Donny in his element likes this.
  10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This is a pretty good assessment, though I don't get the criticism about Kaine's interruptions (and I've heard it pretty consistently elsewhere, too). Pence interrupted just as much, I thought.

I think I noted upthread that had the zingers been delivered by Biden, they would have been more devastating. The guy is great in the role of attack dog. Kaine is not.

I disagree that Kaine ran out of content, so much as it was their strategy to hammer Trump on taxes and defend Clinton's record as SOS. But, yes, he went to the well on that stuff too often.

I posted on Facebook at least three times when Pence espoused views opposite of Trump, and noted that these guys are not on the same page.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Remember, Pence was in deep, deep trouble in his re-election bid in Indiana. He took the VP spot as both a lottery ticket and a life raft. His mission in the debate was about Mike Pence, not Donald Trump.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out why Donald Trump is expected to pay more taxes than he owes. Can anyone get Jennifer Granholm to stop by here and explain? Even Mika was saying it's a dead-end criticism yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.