1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Are we fairly certain that that was the classified information that Hillary had passed on that server?

3. Dick Whitman

Next time don't nominate a second-grader.

Inky_Wretch and TowelWaver like this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I don't understand Republicans' giddiness over Bill's Obamacare comments. He, and Hillary, are arguing it doesn't go far enough to the left. In other words, they're saying it's too conservative to work properly.

amraeder and RickStain like this.
  5. Dick Whitman

I like how credible Bill Clinton suddenly became in YF's eyes.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You try finding a fascist who's mentally stable.

RickStain likes this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And keep in mind that:

1) 538 has consistently skewed closer to the middle than any other polling model this year. Sam Wang at Princeton has every bit the track record Silver does and has it over 90% for her to win.

2) None of the polling models can account for the organizational deficit and other structural disadvantages Trump has piled up. His "screw the ground game, hold more rallies where people cheer for me" narcissism cost him repeatedly in the primaries, where he consistently underperformed his polling in states where the more organized Cruz had a major presence. He has less money and less air time reserved. He has gotten his ass kicked at the convention and first debate because he just isn't on her level, and that isn't going to change for the next two debates.

This is over barring a Republican wet dream level fantasy scandal ending Clinton's career overnight, and they've been frantically flailing at that one for 25 years. The speech transcripts could have her saying "fuck poor people" and it wouldn't be enough. It'd have to be a sex tape of her and Huma with an underage prostitute reading the Koran levels, and it'd have to happen soon because early voting is already piling up.

Double Down likes this.
  8. RickStain

As certain as we can be absent the !!!DELETED EMAILS!!! Any reference to the existence of American drone strikes in Pakistan is considered classified because we officially would never do that.

A couple were something like "the president of Myanmar says happy birthday" and any communication from a head of state is also classified by default.

9. Dick Whitman

But where have you seen this?

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how Trump handles the town hall forum. If a couple of citizens ask him tough questions and don't "give him the proper respect", will he be able to resist the temptation to slap them down, belittle and insult them? He's practicing today by doing one at his rally, but I strongly suspect that he'll get different treatment on Sunday.

11. RickStain

Obamacare has been ideologically messed up from the beginning. The Newt Gingrich market-based plan that was basically a straight payment to insurance companies somehow became a liberal icon.

12. RickStain

Heck if I remember. I don't keep detailed records of everything I read. It was in Come's report iirc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.