1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Or Kanye West or Cynthia McKinney ...

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No one wants to Xerox pre- Brown v Bd of Ed, 50's McCarthy America, pre-civil rights '64 and enforcement. NO ONE RATIONAL. What is wanted the incorporation of everyone, color blind, gender blind into that America. An America that works, an America that Educates, and Americans that aren't hateful of their neighbors.

White privilege is relative at best most mostly an invention. Whites aren't privileged, others were marginalized. Calling it a privilege de-legitimizes the hard work and effort of those deemed to have enjoyed it. And for most 'white Americans' it was always somewhere between a struggle and a grind. Working parents sending their kids to schools in the hopes of a good life, that isn't white privilege, its American Privilege. And 50-100 million people dont think that's happening or will happen in the future. You can't write off 100 Million Americans and say they are daft and don't deserve it. The arrogance of liberals is only matched, but not exceeded, by the vitriol of the right. They are equally toxic. The non-deplorable half of Trump's supporters have concerns that are as valid as any of HRC's supporters.

What can't happen is everyone shouting past each other. If the left doesn't understand that the right has concerns that need addressing, we are fucked. And if the right doesn't get that minorities have to run twice as hard to get just as far, they aren't morally grounded.

Batman likes this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I would be disappointed in their organizational skills if any of the questions weren't planted

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm perfectly happy to run out the clock on the generation of white Americans who are so frustrated they would support Trump. They tend to skew pretty old

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm not saying anyone deserves to get screwed. But they also need to realize they're not the only ones. By any objective measure of economic reality, many white people aren't in as good a position as they were 40 years ago. But they're still ahead of non-whites. And they're far, far, far ahead of the undocumented immigrants Trump uses as scapegoats and that a large percentage of Republicans actively hate.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Americans today ... white, black, brown, straight, gay, whatever ... are enjoying material abundance that is unprecedented in human history.

RickStain likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Was this the signal?

[​IMG]

Ace and Double Down like this.
  8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I agree and that is what I mean by "things look different" than when their dads were prospering. But I don't believe every Trump supporter is knowingly racist. They are scared and confused and everything is different...woman have important jobs, blacks and others of color have a voice and they just want time to go in reverse to a "better" way. Trump comes with promises and subtle and not so subtle jabs at "the others" and maybe there is a chance to go back. I'm not saying it is a good thing but I can understand their hopelessness.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yes, but for a lot of people, incomes have been stagnant. For quite awhile now, the lion's share of growth has gone to the folks at the top of the pyramid. I'm old enough to remember the bygone era the Trumpites long for. There's a huge number of ways in which life is better for everybody. Just take the health benefits of the decline in smoking for one. But there was a much smaller gap between the top and middle in those days, too. That matters because it affects how people see their own lives. The deindustrialization of America was inevitable. The distribution of the gains and losses from that process was not. It resulted from a series of choices.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's the Batshit-Signal!

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Rush Limbaugh, come on down!

“It’s in the interest of the left to have destructive hurricanes because then they can blame it on climate change, which they can desperately continue trying to sell.”

Rush Limbaugh: Hurricanes Are A 'Left-Wing Conspiracy' (TWEETS/VIDEO)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.