1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

MSNBC host just said that the "hunt is on for the 'missing' Apprentice tapes".

LOL. What's "missing" and has the main stream media ever shown such interest in finding Hillary's "missing" emails or the "missing" transcripts from her Wall St. speeches?

old_tony likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It doesn't seem fair that for some reason the media is fixated on Trump!

Just because the man has spent his entire adult life saying "Look at me!" and babbling into any microphone he could find. Stupid Lamestream Media.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This.

I tire of saying that there are shades of grey in almost every issue. (Sometimes 50 of them.)
    But that's what has been lost with this race ... any semblance of nuance.

For the 100th time, not everything conservatives say is wrong. Nor is all of it right. And the same with liberals.

But fewer and fewer people are willing to look at the world through someone else's eyes. The first reaction -- and this is especially true of SJ.com -- is to try to shame the other side.

HC likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

John McCain's political mentor was John Tower. McCain was Tower's chief defender during Tower's confirmation hearings.

But, he's offended by Trump, and can't vote for him.

John McCain joked that Chelsea Clinton was "so ugly" because Webb Hubbell was her father.

His support for Trump rises and falls with Trump's poll numbers.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Everyone has a little Trump in them, it seems.

Why do you continue to defend this appallingly horrible person?

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If they thought there was her saying the Whitman word in it, they would

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is a rhetorical tool you often use. Someone said something offensive one time, and that's equal to Trump's lengthy rap sheet.

9. YankeeFan

John McCain considered Teddy Kennedy to be a friend, and spoke glowingly about him at his memorial service, but he's offended by Donald Trump.

10. YankeeFan

Why did John Tower's nomination fail?

old_tony likes this.
  11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Ryan is smart to distance himself from Trump. He may finally decide "enough of this shit" and just cash in for a lucrative job in media, lobbying or giving speeches. Perhaps he takes a year away and runs for governor of Wisconsin. I don't think, in November 2014, when the Republicans captured the Senate, Ryan thought "Donald Trump will crash us within two years". I don't think many people did.

Republicans overplayed their hand in 2010, nominating absolute idiots in very winnable seats in Delaware and Nevada. In 2012, North Dakota, Missouri (Akin) and Indiana (Murdock) were Republican-friendly seats that had tone-deaf nominees. Now 2016 has Donald Trump as the nominee. Perhaps Republicans need to examine more backroom dealings for nominees.

They'll probably lose the Senate -- I can't see the House as the latest gerrymandering would probably require a major recession + Third Iraq War to flip.

Yet in 2018, it'll probably flip back to the Republicans -- typical off-year election with a Democratic in office. There are some battles of the last decade that I think are good for our society. We shouldn't tell anyone who they can or cannot marry. Also, health insurance for all Americans is not an evil, like so many conservatives think. I'm blessed with a good living -- I'm able-bodied and mobile. Others may not be. That's fine. The ACA is turning out to be an economic boondoggle with each passing year but the aim is noble and I respect that.

The next four years will likely look very much today in this country. We'll have two economies -- haves for those of us with college degrees and some level of ambition (sales/management) and the struggle for those without college degrees or those who choose to live in hideously expensive cities.

I'll take the status quo for $400, Alex.

Last night, our daughter had a band concert and, as we drove back, we talked about the election and that I voted. We talked about 2012 and why Idiot Dad wrote-in Romney for 2016. "I find neither Clinton nor Trump to be honorable. That is a big deal, I think, for president. Romney, while a terrible campaigner who was out-of-touch, would have probably been a good president. For those on the left, President Obama is a good president and an even better man. That's important to remember."

I may not like many of his policies but I'll won't doubt his sincerity or his integrity. With Trump and Clinton, I doubt both.

I Should Coco and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.