1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think people forget the issues that campaigns have turned on. Flag burning amendments, ACLU membership, and a tank ride. Binders full of women and 47%.

Words spoken behind closed doors, especially, can be powerful, and especially against a candidate like Hillary Clinton who the public already distrusts.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

And that will generate even more publicity about his past abuse of women.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Wonder what's in the Trump campaign emails? Bet they'd be good reading, too, but of course only Putin gets to.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's all true, but "Politician tells one crowd one thing and a different crowd something else" is right up there with "Dog bites man". With the exception of some of the Bernie crowd, the people that gains much traction with were not going to vote for her anyhow.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Leaked draft of Trump response to latest allegations:

"These women are lying. I may have been rebuffed a few times when on a date, but I buffed a lot more. Way more. My buff percentages are astronomical.

Bill Clinton is a much worse groper. It's terrible, folks. Groping, groping, groping. And I hate to say this about anyone, but some of those women were barely sixes."

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That all depends on how effectively the opposing campaign uses it, and if it reinforces a narrative that already exists, which in this case it does.

A good candidate hangs it around Clinton's neck.

Unfortunately, the Trump campaign has little paid media, a small and ineffective comms team, and poor surrogates, who aren't provided with daily messaging from the campaign, so there's no unity in messaging.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Take out Mike Tyson and put in Bill Cosby. Speaking of, when is the Robin Thicke Blurred Lines Trump remix hitting YouTube?

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Liberty Prez Falwell Jr says he'll still vote for Trump even if the nominee is proven to have sexually assaulted anybody. Way to stand up for conservative Christian Family Values.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Supreme Court. They aren't voting for a person. They're voting for those seats.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The best thing that has happened in this campaign is the Liberty U. kids who wrote the letter repudiating Trump. Their beliefs are not about having power over others, unlike their elders.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I guess you could use the "Saul killed and persecuted Christians before he became Paul" defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.