1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wish I had a personal foundation that others donated to thinking the money was going to charity, but in reality it was used to pay my bills.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So he's a big fan of Logan's Run. That should endear him to a lot of millenials who think anyone over the age of 35 is an asshole who is holding them back from bigger and better things.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's like his plan to defeat ISIS. Doesn't want to tip his hand. Who knows where that hand's been anyway?

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

One is paid to be objective, one is paid to host a show that includes opinion. It's really not that hard. I don't expect Rachel Maddow to be playing it down the middle. I do expect a "reporter" to be objective. And if a New York Times reporter wants to be considered at the top of his field, I sure as hell expect objectivity.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Tony, what is your thought on Trump's accusers and their accusations? Will you be voting for him?

7. old_tony

So Hillary isn't a liar? That's news to ... everybody. Even you.

8. old_tony

I'm going to give those women coming forward 32 years later the same weight that Democrats (and the media) gave to the multitudes of women who have accused Bill Clinton of worse.

Funny, but the same people who were telling me 20 years ago that "Character doesn't matter, it's how he is on the issues," are now running in the exact opposite direction. #NoLimitsToLeftistHypocrisy

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

NY Times reporter reports on Trump news today . . . but REFUSES to mention the eleventy billion times Hillary lied. Biased! Non-objective!

Eye of beholder, yada yada yada. You would no more agree than an unbiased NYT story was indeed unbiased than an Alabama fan would agree that his Tide defensive back really did interfere with that Auburn receiver. Your lenses are too shaded to make this possible.

When you have zero track record on "issues" and your explanations of "issues" are hopelessly vague . . . there isn't a whole lot left.

Twenty years ago people forgave character because 22 million jobs and a market that tripled in value in eight years. They would forgive it for Trump, too. But he doesn't have the equity of those things as of 10/13/16. He just doesn't.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    BadgerBeer likes this.
  10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

ITT: Old Tony came down that sexual harassment was worse than pedophilia and child rape

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You really live in a segregated world, Tony. Black-White, Lefty-Righty, strong woman-weak woman.

Anyways, how is he on the issues?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.