1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Sorry no.

The sane among us believe Hillary has to be convicted of something before she's even close to being in the running for "most corrupt."

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Bill Clinton flew on a plane once. Never mind, voting for Trump!

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Dang rape police, always swooping in and stopping rape.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Shit, by that standard, what was Nixon convicted of?

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I thought talk of the Clinton Foundation was banned here.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It was a yes or no question. But I take it you believe in the global Jewish conspiracy against Trump?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Good point. That's why Ford saw fit to pardon him.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh for heaven's sake ... yes, being a Rhodes scholar is a fabulous accomplishment. It's not the be-all/end-all ... it's not even close.

My former department chair's a schlub from east Texas who's terribly burdened with arthritis in his upper back/neck. His accent's actually thicker than mine (if that's possible). If you saw him on TV, you'd probably think, "What a moron." As a young man, before he even took his PhD (and having never been exposed to Bayesian statistics or logic) he discovered from first principles a new proof of Bayes' Theorem.

My current department chair's a mid-70s former sorority girl from Lubbock. If you saw her on TV, you'd think, "Wow, I thought Phyllis Schafly was dead." She's a number theorist who's published a number of important pieces on statistical inference as re: petitions and voter initiatives. She makes a great side living as an expert witness in gender/racial discrimination trials.

My own mite's modest, but it ain't nothing.

I won't belabor the point, but suffice it to say that I either work with or am friends with many, many people whose contributions to the world's stock of knowledge dwarf Maddow's. And it's not as if I am ensconced in the academic center of the universe.

I'm sure Maddow's very, very bright. I'm also sure, when I head into the office tomorrow, I'll run into half a dozen kowtowing doctoral students who're brighter.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ah, the old "I know you are but what am I?" gambit by 5-Year-Old_Tony. It never gets old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.