1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Picture that scene. He grabs them there. "They let you do it." If he is just grabbing, as a special surprise, how have we established that they let him -- because they don't slap him upside the head and file charges?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

We are strictly talking about what he said to Bill Bush on the "Access Hollywood" tape.

3. Dick Whitman

That is certainly one interpretation.

The other interpretation of "They let you do it" is, "They consent to you doing this."

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I might be inclined to that interpretation if he hadn't used the same sort of line in explaining walking around the changing rooms at beauty pageants.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily doubt these women. Trump may have behaved the way they describe, or at least close to their description.

And, their descriptions all fit his mo.

The main problem with their narratives is that they've all come out after the Access Hollywood tape.

So, if they wanted to, they could fit their narrative to match the behavior he describes on the Access Hollywood tape.

I'm not sure what to believe. Even by his own description, Trump is aggressive in approaching women.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

With the help of Carlos Slim -- a Mexican! -- and the New York Times.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I am.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Another interpretation, and for my money the correct one, is that a man with narcissistic personality disorder, who thinks the entire world and everyone in it is his for the taking, is unable to properly judge what is or isn't "consent."

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Did Intentionally Obtuse Dick and Intentionally Obtuse YankeeFan do breakfast today?

10. Dick Whitman

By the way, if Trump is really a serial sexual molester, how bad does the New York Times now look for its earlier story about Trump and women in which it led with the sordid tale of a woman who was (gasp!) lent a swimsuit at a pool party?

11. Dick Whitman

That's way too much bringing in extra-textual information to justify Politico's sentence, as written.

12. Dick Whitman

Did I sexually assault my wife when I kissed her without asking first?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.