1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Dumpf's outreach to "the blacks" not going so well:

[​IMG]

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If you're resorting to factually incorrect memes, delete your account.

franticscribe likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Has he tried the one with Florence Henderson grabbing some guy's junk, thereby disqualifying Hillary?

LongTimeListener and YankeeFan like this.
  6. old_tony

What'sa matter? Truth hurt?

JC likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Epic fail, tony. Facts stopped getting in your way quite a while ago.

franticscribe likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Who are the several women that he raped, Tony?

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Why is sheriff an elected position?

Wouldn't it be better to appoint them the same way police chiefs and commissioners are appointed?

The job should go to a professional law enforcement person, not somebody who's going to wave his dick and talk about how tough he'll be on crime.

A few months ago, a guy died in his jail from dehydration. The guards shut off the water in his cell because flooded it and they wouldn't bring him bottles or glasses of water.

I doubt Clarke will face any consequences for it, though he should. Too many of his voters probably figure if the guy didn't break the law, he wouldn't have been there and that being in jail is supposed to be unpleasant. Only he wasn't deprived of a computer or a color TV, he was deprived of water.

10. old_tony

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Because I can't comment on every single thing that happens.

Also, look at it as I'm using Politico as an example here of all who are doing the same. I think another thing is that Cooper's comment came in a debate format where he posed the question directly to Trump, who had the opportunity to respond and clarify. If Lester Holt read it from the anchor's desk, that would no more bothersome.

It's funny. A friend of mine who is a detective texted me yesterday and asked if I thought Trump admitted to sexual assault. I told him what I've said here, and that we'd been having the same discussion. He agreed.

(I'm just relating an anecdote. It's for entertainment purposes only, not used as support.)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    FileNotFound, YankeeFan and bigpern23 like this.
  12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The thing is, though, Cooper questioned whether Trump understood that he bragged about sexual assault, he didn't ask Trump IF he bragged about sexual assault. Cooper presented it as a dead-on, unambiguous fact, much the same as Politico did.

You were posting during the debate, so I wondered why it didn't bother you then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.