1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Wow. You mean he waited fifteen whole minutes before he tried to finger her? What a paragon of restraint!

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No, he says it when someone fashions an argument he hasn't made out of arguments that he has made.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It happens.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

This is what is known among Democrats as "Presidential."

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Dude, he didn't say "some Mexican immigrants are rapists" he said Mexico is sending us criminals, drug dealers and rapists, meaning all that we get are criminals, drug dealers and rapists. He then said "some, I guess, are good. I don't know." He thinks some coming over the boarder are good but the rest are horrible human beings and a blight upon our country. That's what was getting called as bullshit because what he said was bullshit.

And Trump didn't Tweet about training and preparation, he said what do you expect when you put men and women together. This guy just brushes off sexual assault in the military as shit happens. There was none of that nuance in his tweet.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I guess my problem is that I think that Trump speaks English and meant what he said. I think this is more likely than various Trump interpreters being able to tell us exactly what he meant.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

YF and Dick are the Cyrano de Bergeracs of the #StraightShooterInterpretationService.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

sigh ...

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My point is the opposite of what you say it is.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

They're doing their job. You just don't like the result.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

False.
    I in no way fashioned an argument he didn't make. I responded to his post, and made my own points. Agree or not with what I said, but I didn't make up anything on his behalf. If anything, I acknowledged his original point was legitimate.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

No, they're not. Doing their job would be conducting hearings and holding a vote. Voting no is doing their job. Sitting on their asses refusing to conduct hearings on the nominee and pouting because they lost an election is acting like 2 year olds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.