1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

There is a term I've read on the Interwebs to describe conservatives like Hewitt.

Keep in mind that even if Trump wins, the alt right will still be miseable moochers.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

How much?

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

So, her strength in standing up for others indicates her liberal weakness? Got it.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I took the women comment pretty much in stride, and I didn't smack back at him. It looked like that was already well in hand.

I just put him on ignore, because he's pretty much a one trick pony. I'll take him back off after the election. I like hearing other views when they are well reasoned and make me think, or when I have to stretch some to refute them or to defend my own views, but the overall bullshit and stress level was getting to me and the ignore feature has worked well for fixing that.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Gore conceded.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There's that Republican strategy. Try to run Trump against a composite of every potentially negative thing they can find done or said by any Democrat ever. Fun part is even if the strategy worked, Trump would still be losing.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You want to know "this?"

"This" is that it's awfully tired, people jumping out of their skin because his WRONGFUL characterization reminds them of someone they know.

You know what? Just about EVERYBODY loves their wife. And just about EVERYBODY loves their daughter. He was wrong, he was stupid, but for god's sake, stop personalizing it. Moddy overreacted, tbf has overreacted.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled debate.

Vombatus, old_tony and BTExpress like this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Shottie, part of the response is personalizing it. The larger part is using the people we know to demonstrate that once again, Tony has no fucking clue what he is talking about.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jake Tapper made a good point about how saying the election is rigged might hurt Trump's GOTV. After all, what's the point of voting if it is rigged?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.