1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The ability to check for fraud and do recounts *is part of the election process.*

Availing yourself of them is not undermining the election. It is also not what Trump meant, although I'm sure his translators will grab onto that spin for 24 hours until he contradicts them in public as usual.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Just heard this clip on the radio.

The crowd goes WILD.

LOL.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Kerry conceded the race a few hours after Bush crossed 270.

Trump has already encouraged his supporters to go to polling places and interfere with other people voting.

Hillary will concede if she loses. She conceded in 2008 during a primary that was just as contentious as this election is.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sure. Like in 2000.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Trump is essentially saying the conspiracy against him goes so high that he has no redress other than grassroots revolution.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No, he's not.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I thought he was a little weak on freedom last night, but nothing a good C-bomb or two can't fix.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Trump is rousing up his base -- a group proven to be capable of violence -- to hang around polling places and also not to accept the results if he loses because the election is "rigged."

He says this every chance he gets.

Now, I am sure that Donald doesn't intend to start an armed revolt. He truly just wants an excuse when he loses. But if you did want to stoke violence, this is how you'd do it.

This is one among numerous reasons that this man does not have the temperament or awareness to be president.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

11. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Yes. This is what happened.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Anybody steps in my face at the polling place and challenges my right to vote, there's gonna be fucking trouble, right there. I mean somebody-going-to-the-floor trouble.

It'll never happen of course, because I'm a middle-aged white guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.