1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

image.jpeg

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Not coming at you with this one, but you really don't understand how overextended we are. Down from 16, we now have 10 combat aviation brigades, with Korea on the block pending the election. Three units per year in Afghanistan, three in Europe, two in Kuwait/Iraq, and 59 major training exercises to support. Do that math. There are no more to go around. Anything kicks off somewhere else. Anything. And we don't have it to give. Brigade combat teams are in even worse shape.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

According to always reliable Twitter, a reporter asked Kasich about his campaign tactics and Kasich replied, "I'm with Harry Potter. We're not going over to the dark side." Gosh, I hope that one's true.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Little Marco is rocking that 11 percent.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

BTW, so far in Louisiana, the total Republican vote is about 10,000 more than total Democratic vote. Super Tuesday's "intensity gap" not there. I have no idea why, just noting.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Maybe "God, people, anybody but this guy!" isn't such an inspiring message after all.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Let us also consider LaSalle Parish, Louisiana. North central part of the state, know nothing about it, about five times as many Republicans voted as did Democrats there. But it is the only parish in the state where Sanders beat Clinton. Again, I wonder why.

9. Michael_ Gee

Twice as many people in stone red Louisiana have voted for Sanders today than for Rubio. Stay down, champ, it's just not your night.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The caucus format appears to be mighty good for Alberta Ted. He wins in Kansas and Maine.

11. Michael_ Gee

Caucuses reward well-organized people who can tolerate sitting in very uncomfortable chairs and listening to dull rhetoric for hours. Tailor made for evangelicals (and for Democrats, social movement types).

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I doubt Rubio will drop out anytime soon. You'll see Zombie Rubio shambling along until A) Trump or Cruz clinch the nomination despite the RNC's effort to derail both, or B) the race ends with nobody gaining a majority and it goes to the convention. The RNC will do its best to keep Rubio on life support to that end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.