1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Looks legit:

[​IMG]

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is legit. Langer Research is very well respected outfit, and a 4-point Clinton lead is certainly within the realm of possibility. After all, same poll had that exact margin two weeks ago. Tracking polls are volatile. If trend continues, yeah, big news. But Clinton didn't lose support, Trump gained. Worth noting this the first national poll to show Trump as high as 44 percent and it has the most decline of Johnson and Stein voters.

3. YankeeFan

Virginia and Pennsylvania were always going to be hard -- though they'd also be game changers if Republicans could win them.

But, let's look at the polling here too.

The Christopher Newport University Poll (whatever the fuck that is) ending 10/14 had Clinton +15.

Their poll ending 10/19 had Clinton +12.

Their poll out today has Clinton +7.

Now, am I supposed to believe Trump picked up 8 points against her in two weeks?

Part of the reason polls tighten at the end, is because their final polls are what they're graded on.

But, the early polls help to write a narrative, that takes hold in the media, drives coverage, and shapes voter opinion.

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

On the other hand look at the IBD poll. This was one of the only polls showing a Trump lead (along with Rasmussen and the USC/LAT) but predictably they now have Clinton up 3. By election day they will have her up 6 or 7 so they can tell the world they were right in 2016.

5. YankeeFan

Yes. I agree.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Starman incest riff coming in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ...

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Rigged!

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes, you should. He has kept his big yapper shut for two weeks, and, as predicted, Republicans are abandoning Johnson.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

We have almost two dozen national polls going at this point. A couple of extreme outliers at any given time are to be expected, and those will be expected to return to normal in their next few iterations.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A couple of questions here, if you'll please indulge me.

How many message boards are you on? You've mentioned getting banned from a couple, now threatened on several. Plus this one. Not a knock, just curious.

Also, I think Trump is flat-out awful. Every traditional Republican I know is aghast that he's leading their party's ticket. The only people I know supporting him are some combination of racist, stupid and loony. How any reasonable person can look at him, listen to him and think, "Yeah, there's our President," boggles my little mind.

But I've never heard or read that he "fucks" Ivanka. Not saying it isn't out there, I'd just like to see where before I take seriously any rant to that effect. Are there links, anything credible? Or are we making a leap from his crass and inappropriate comments?

Again, just curious.

(Also, would Biden win every state or are some states so loony-ass Red that it wouldn't matter?)

12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

He'd still lose Mississippi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.