1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This thread is really, really slow. Even with all the news.

I would really like some sunshine and OT right now. Need some other opinions, and I value theirs. Can they be spared and given an early release?

YF can't carry the load by himself. He does have a newborn.

And it is not my MO to be serious around here. When I posted all those tweets yesterday, I was getting an itchy allergic reaction. I don't know how YF does it.

Anyway, I don't want to get banned for asking, but, it would be a nice gesture as we head into the post-election, holiday season.

Please give us a 10 day, wrasslin', steel cage, no holds barred, golf thread death match. Anyone who wades in and watches or participates does so at their own risk during the next ten days. Then we can return to civility.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    Lugnuts and OscarMadison like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

At Trump rally in Vegas, guy goes up to press area and starts hating "Jew-S-A." Swell fellow, that. The non-racist, non anti-Semitic, non-bigot wing of Trump's support might want to consider denouncing such conduct. The amount of racist, borderline violent towards women, racist comments on Twitter in his election year is the big reason Twitter can't find a buyer. It's why Disney walked.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Easily my favorite post on this thread because of those images.

Baron Scicluna and Vombatus like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's like watching Mountain West football. No team has played defense in years, so why start now?

I Should Coco and Michael_ Gee like this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

One thing we need to remember. The election has been going on for over a week. Maybe as many as 25 million votes have already been cast, out of a total of what'll be like 130-135 million. Did anybody go out and vote one way or the other because of the Comey story? Beats hell out of me, but this is all happening in real time. The election has become like Christmas shopping now.

Lugnuts and RickStain like this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Would not have changed my opinion, because I tread in concrete facts, and I there are no fucking concrete facts in that email "bombshell."

If the FBI finds a reason to prosecute, it obviously changes my opinion. I'm not stupid.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I agree with Bill Maher, they could find Jonbenet in Hillary's basement and I'd still vote for her instead of STrump

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The polling that comes out on Tuesday and Wednesday is going to be interesting. I personally don't know anyone who is changing their vote over this.

I'm sure they're out there, but as I've stated before, I don't understand how anyone is "undecided" at this point.

10. Michael_ Gee

Political science research indicates many folks aren't really undecided, they just hate having to make a final choice. Commitment phobics.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

JonBenet was found in her own home almost immediately. Her body isn't missing.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I legitimately wonder how much the average Joe understands about the emails and how many of them actually have made their decision based on it. It seems kind of inside baseball to me. I think it does more to confirm the rage the right-wingers already gnashing their teeth that Hillary is the devil than it changes the mind of an undecided voter.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.