1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, what was the point of your post?

There are thousands of emails that have been leaked.

No one person could even go through them all.

What difference does it make who publicized this particular email?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I am a veteran of document review. I think that there is an idea here and in the general public that people zip through a few thousand emails, and easily pluck out the ones that matter, which are all self-explanatory. In actuality, it can be a years' long process just to fit any of them into context, because of how people write and because you don't have all the pieces to the puzzle.

We are on the eve of trial, and we are still brainstorming daily at meetings what someone really meant in an email.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You know, I'm not going to specifically answer your question. Just to head that off right off the bat.

I'm just going to say this. I don't know why I really care whether you ever come to realize that you're not the only kid in the room who reads things, or that you're not the only one who understands what's going on. But sometimes, it would really do you some good to listen to what the majority of the room is saying rather than looking desperately for ways to refute what's being said.

wicked likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

I doubt it flips many voters from Hillary to Trump, but it might change the mind of a Republican who was planning on voting for Johnson to hold his nose and vote for Trump.

It might also make a voter who was going to come out to vote against Trump to decide that Hillary is just as bad, and decide to stay home.

5. YankeeFan

LOL. This really deserves an OOPBot style response.

You mocked some website as being a poor source of news. It wasn't the source.

Kicked_to_the_curb likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Shut up and goose step, Mr. Minority Voice!

7. jr/shotglass

I wasn't just talking to him.

8. Songbird

9. jr/shotglass

Not necessary. There's plenty of them elsewhere.

You should probably try to understand why a majority of this country doesn't see Donald Trump as a viable option for president. Because you sure haven't done much to indicate that he is. Deflection doesn't make you some sort of sage.

wicked likes this.
  10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

One of the biggest difference between media polls and the campaigns is that the latter knows *exactly* which way undecided voters are leaning. Undecideds are usually deciding between one candidate and staying home, not one or the other.

11. Songbird

And you, for some ridiculous reason, think I'm voting for him.

But oh noes! I posted links that make you THINK as such.

www.blindedbyhillary.com

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

One thing I've learned this election is that if you put something in the right font and highlight a sentence, people will believe it is a smoking gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.