1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Bit of a digression here, but hang with me. One poll I check daily is Gallup's for Obama job approval, and have done so for over a year as it's a leading election indicator. He's at 55 percent today for a three day poll Thurs-Sat. Like any poll it varies a couple of points up and down on a regular basis -- too regular. For as long as I've been looking at it, Obama has higher ratings on the polls that have Fri-Saturday in them, and the lowest that contain Sun-Weds. In other words, maybe 2-3 percent of the country bases their judgment of the President's performance on whether or not they themselves have to get up and go to work the next morning. And in our closely divided country, I suspect these are the very people who wield the balance of power.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. You learned that from a tweet that went viral a week or so ago.

Nothing worse than folks passing off thoughts as original.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I've said all along that the email thing was a big deal. This announcement, while still vague, is no different. But I will happily vote for her and I can't think of anything within the realm of possibility that would make me do otherwise.

If she was running against anyone else, that wouldn't be the case at all. But it can't be understated what an embarrassment and despicable chapter in GOP history Donald Fucking Trump is.

If this blows up and somehow costs Hillary the election (it won't), Comey might just become the most hated man in America for clearing the way for a third-grader to get into the Oval Office.

SnarkShark and Iron_chet like this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You just tested out of law school.

franticscribe likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

What exactly do you think the word "learned" means?

If I had meant "discovered" I would have said discovered. But I didn't.

dixiehack likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Something for all the Hillary acolytes.

Many more: Trimp

I don't know though, jr/shotglass might think that website address is silly or something.

[​IMG]

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Sometimes I like Rick's smart-ass comments more than other times. This was one of those times.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Weinberger had already been indicted in June. It was an additional charge that was brought just before the election. Either way, he already had been charged for months before the election.

And while that additional charge was tossed out, the other charges were never brought to trial because GHWB pardoned Weinberger before he left office.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Screen shot 2016-10-30 at 3.01.36 PM.png

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Harry Enten is doing research for fivethirtyeight on October Surprises. His preliminary investigation is that the needle moves about two percent, sometimes less, more rare sometimes (he's using the Reagan-Carter debate as one) more.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I promise I'm getting worked up over dank memes from a burnt-out stoner. What a thrilling, productive life you must lead.

wicked likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.