1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm still ridiculing you both. It is super over.

I was wrong, auto-alliance is not Remington/Axiom. They just decided to add to today's garbage fire of polling with T+1 in PA, tied in NC but C+6 in Ohio and normal leads in other "swing" states

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I just don't think so Rick. Each candidate has a real basic problem. People don't think Clinton can be trusted and they don't think Trump is qualified for the office. This leads to mood/poll swings.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oh, Jesus Fucking Christ. There has been a well-documented, well-known, long-ass list of people who have agreed to do work for Trump only to complete said work and have the douchebag say he ain't paying the agreed price.

Like: USA TODAY exclusive: Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills

The jackass even stiffed a bunch of girls who performed at a campaign event for him.

USA Freedom Girls Sue Trump Campaign for Stiffing Them

So, save the "no he doesn't" bullshit.

dixiehack, Inky_Wretch and Stoney like this.
  4. RickStain

I get that. But throughout those swings, she has never trailed outside of a day or two during the convention bounce, and early voting mitigates the ability for there to be any final week swing big enough to get him all the way back.

Everywhere that we have early voting tells the same story. Clinton is way better than Obama in the Atlantic and West. She is even with him, maybe fractionally worse if you squint, in the upper Midwest.

There just isn't a real path to victory left. The Great White Hope in Wisconsin/Michigan/Pennsylvania is just the last gasp of people who want to find a reason it isn't over, but it is.

"People want to swing back and forth because they don't like either" is a story. We like to frame things in terms of story, but we lose the key nuance of cold facts when we do it. The swing is between Clinton winning by a little and Clinton winning by a lot.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

But what good will it do if CLinton wins and the GOP retains control of both houses? There really will be no reason to fund the government. It will be a nightmare.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Administrative agencies do all the governing anyway.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Clinton's going to Detroit Friday. That's not a move of someone looking at a big win. It's fail safe time. I bet their own polls show they're up maybe two-three points nationwide.

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Down Under, they're dealing with an even more serious crisis:

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That sounds like a bowl game.

SnarkShark, HanSenSE and Michael_ Gee like this.
  12. RickStain

Kneeling out the clock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.