1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And Bill Clinton to make a triple stop in Colorado on Friday: Pueblo, Denver, Fort Collins. Hmmmm. Honestly, I don't feel any sort of vibe for Trump here. And early voting trends heavy blue.

On a positive note, I got my email today that my ballot was accepted -- as in, the signature is valid -- and is approved to be counted. Even got a nice sticker when I dropped it off today.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Inherently the least noble of LGBTQA+, though still better than straight cis white males.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump hit a low of 14.7% on October 17th in the 538 Polls+ forecast. He's back up to 30.4%.

If you had told me he'd be at 30% two weeks ago, I would have taken it in a heartbeat. He's gained 14 points in just a week.

It's moving in his direction. It just might be too far to come back from.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's a fair summary. I think.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He doesn't really have a 30% chance

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No real way to know. There's still that chance many folks walk into the voting booth, look at the ballot and vote Trump with a kind of "why not" or "let's ride" mentality.

Hey - I know people - family, especially - who want to see it blow up. they want to see politicians get yelled at and humiliated - Trump would sure as shit do that - and they know this guy is about their best chance for it. Trump is a curious beacon for "wreck the establishment" types, but he is nonetheless.

I think Clinton will make a rather competent commander in chief and do decent on the domestic side, but, hell, she's deep in the political class at this point. As deep as it gets, really - Obama pales by comparison, when he took office.

So you never know. I think the polls are really just reflecting what people already planned to do, but just wouldn't admit yet.

I think Clinton takes it, but it'll be interesting. People are very, very fed up. They hate America. They think America hates them.

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

New poll by Targetsmart/William &Mary of Florida has Hillary up 48-40. Big news is Hillary getting 28% of Republican vote from early/absentee voters. If true, this is over. They also point to very, very high Latino turnout. I don't know anything about pollster.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I saw that. Also don't know anything about the poll, but apparently talking to people who have actually voted. I'd like to know the sample size.

Says latinos breaking big for Clinton.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I really think Trump dreams of being in the mob.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Please. Yes, because all air travel was shut down, she was at Ground Zero on 9/12.

Of all the things to pick at Clinton for, this is not one of them. She did right by NYC when it comes to 9/11. And so did Giuliani.

Is THIS really something that has to be partisan, too? C'mon, man.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes, this too. They'll go to the mattresses. They did with Obama. On everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.