1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Totally worth destroying the country over.

HanSenSE, jr/shotglass and dixiehack like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm always stunned when folks think America isn't strong enough to overcome a Trump presidency.

How little faith do you have in American and our constitution?

MLB survived 16 years of Bud Selig as commissioner. America will survive Trump. Could even thrive.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Dammit! If you don't start getting this right more often I'm going to donate to Herself on your behalf!

4. YankeeFan

I'm never going to learn that.

I'm 47-years-old. I don't think I've ever written "affect".

I guess it's back to using "impact" as a verb for me.

5. doctorquant

[​IMG]

Big Circus and SpeedTchr like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are you trying to leverage some synergy here?

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Not that much faith, honestly.

America is almost 250 years old. 175 of that was spent geographically isolated and 75 as a superpower.

In terms of our lifetimes, that makes it look like an unassailable institution of status quo. In historical terms, that is a blip.

I see a lot of parallels between the USA and the fall of the Roman Republic. A superpower struggling to govern itself under a set of rules designed to handle a much smaller body. A constant war between liberals and conservatives that sees the written and unwritten rules undermined in exchange for temporary victories.

Trump isn't going to bring down the country tomorrow, but he might make the difference between our becoming a footnote in China's rise to hegemony coming in 75 years instead of 150. And his existence as a candidate and the willingness to legitimize him is a really bad sign.

8. doctorquant

He's trying to immanentize the eschaton ...

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

R.A.V.E.N.
    Remember, affect verb, effect, noun.

Not perfect, there are exceptions, but one could argue those exceptions are stupid usages anyway :D So just use RAVEN and don't sweat the rest.

HanSenSE and YankeeFan like this.
  10. YankeeFan

Liberals clutching their pearls over Trump is silly.

We elected a community organizer, with five minutes' experience in the Senate as our president, and if anyone on the right were so silly as to say that he would ruin our country, he would rightly be mocked by the left.

And, Obama surely promised more change than Trump proposed.

If Trump is elected, and fails, his presidency will be four year pause in the evolution of our country.

11. doctorquant

Your willingness to help is mere affect, employed in an effort to effect the perception of erudition.

HC likes this.
  12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

doctorquant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.