1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And him doing it wouldn't totally surprise me this cycle!

Machine Head likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

At Trump rally in New Hampshire today, crowd graduated from chanting "lock her up" to "execute her." These are the kinds of people who in other societies have wound up committing genocide on their neighbors.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

This is the strongest argument for the EC, but for most of the small states, things wouldn't change. Presidential candidates would continue to ignore them. Their power is through the senate, which has two people representing every state. Small states have more than their (population) share of influence in the senate.

Of course, both Baron and I are imagining "voters" are most important thing in a democracy, instead of PAC money, corporate influence, backroom deals, etc. How quaint!

4. HanSenSE

This may merit a separate thread once we settle this cheating in golf thing once and for all.

HC likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It doesn't help in that regard when a majority of the opposing party takes it as a priority not only to not support your policies, but to make sure they fail, make them an unmitigated disaster, so for the next 50 years they can argue, "see what happened when we elected one of those people..."

6. HanSenSE

Or even bothers to offer an alternative plan, instead sticking with "We don't like it. It sucks."

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Indeed. Terribly un-cricket of the GOP to not do what it could to make sure the ACA was a rousing success.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Especially since it was their idea

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yep. Party before country.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

He's no Jerry Clower.

11. doctorquant

I noticed that got overlooked a lot, especially given that uber-red Massachusetts sent that guy Brown to the Senate to make sure the administration got something done. Very strange.

12. doctorquant

When he said "Whoooooo shoot this thang!" he should have been brought in on federal incitement-of-violence charges ... what he was saying couldn't have been any clearer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.