1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

dixiehack likes this.
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In my neighborhood there is one house with a Trump sign in front, and my dog just pooped in the yard. Everyone's a critic.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    Donny in his element likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

With all due respect to Moddy and Ella's relationship, we may have a new sj.com Dog of the Year.

Ace likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There are four pillars to the ACA: 1) community rating; 2) guaranteed issue; 3) the individual mandate; and 4) subsidies. Each is a sine qua non; without all four the ACA doesn't even work in theory.

The mandate's not the defining feature of the ACA. It's just the easiest thing for low-information types to seize on in their hysterics re: those who would dare oppose the ACA.

RickStain likes this.
  6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

What did you do with the deposit?

Doogie Doo dilemma

Ace likes this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

But ... *I* oppose the ACA

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Allow me to amend ... "those on the right who would dare oppose the ACA"

RickStain likes this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I would add that I wish the state primary elections ALL occurred on ONE DAY. Just do it all on one day in April, and let everyone have an equal say in who gets to be the party nominees. This shit about Iowa and New Hampshire setting the course has to stop.

And I am getting rather pissed off about the science of all the opinion polls. Gallup and others started this stuff, and it steers the country way too much. I think it is all an orchestrated process to control the masses.

Let's have two bandaid ripping moments: A nationwide primary in the Spring, and a nationwide general election in November. And fuck all these polls.

The above suggestions might have prevented Trump from gaining so damn much momentum.

And don't get me started about the media. Media back in the good old days of having a paper and the 6 o'clock news on TV, fine. This 24 hour talking head ratings shit is out of control.

Fuck Oprah too. And Dr. Phil. All this fucking mind control.

This is turning into a rant. What I am leaving out? Oh yeah, fuck sj.com too!

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The hottest of takes

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I need a fucking beer. Or three.

12. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.