1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Anyone who wishes to argue that our economy could be better if we changed Obama policy A, B, C or whathaveyou is arguing from a fact -- the economy has not recovered as thoroughly as in previous recessions. I may not agree, but I'll listen to the argument.
    Anyone who denies the economy isn't much better than it was in the winter of 2009 is either a complete partisan or delusional and I won't listen to a word.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So you are counting good things that happened that Obama didn't personally do as failures? Interesting.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Is this a good place to interject that the US economy has recovered faster and stronger than any other country's economy since the recession? That economists around the world expected an L-shaped (long and slow) recovery? That there was none of the inflation that all the doomsayers predicted? That Dodd-Frank, as much as it was fought in Congress, is a law that will go a long way to preventing similar catastrophes in the future? That the auto industry bailouts saved millions of jobs (and families from suffering) not just in that industry but all the industries connected to it?

4. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Obama inherited a mess, no doubt.

It's one of the reasons I loathe Hillary: She knows full well the role Wall Street played in crashing the housing market and destroying our economy, and she still can't bring herself to climb out of bed with them.

I disagree with Sanders on pretty much everything, but at least he's not an opportunist and raging hypocrite like she is.

SnarkShark and old_tony like this.
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Health insurance was a screwed up, scrapped together mess. Costs were crazy.

If you had a $20 copy for every visit, what do you care if the MRI bill was $20,000?

Hospitals overcharged for everything to make up for all the uninsured who would never pay.

Part of the plan of the ACA is to encourage wellness by making preventative care cheaper and more available.

Also high deductible health plans are designed in part to encourage people to shop around and compare costs.

All that will take years though.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I shopped. All I saw was high, higher and highest.

I will not --- ever --- turn my health insurance premium into a mortgage payment.

old_tony and Hokie_pokie like this.
  7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Well, retire early before you're eligible for Medicare and expect health care to be magically low for someone in their 60s with severe health problems. If it's not cheap, blame Obama.

Without the ACA, think people with COBRA plans could find a bargain, especially if a member of the family has chronic health issues?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And the opposition party did everything conceivable to sabotage and destroy any such recovery.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah.

A blind man can see whatever he wants in his mind

10. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Obama said it was going to drive down costs.

It has done exactly the opposite for everyone other than the very poor.

Again, I don't consider it "blaming" Obama to acknowledge that the ACA has been a spectacular failure. It is simply a fact.

old_tony likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why can't Hillary win states without large minority populations:

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.