1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's at a presidential campaign concert.

I think it's within the bounds to ask why a guy who writes chauvinist lyrics is being held up - by a woman running for president - as a paragon of political citizenship, which, if you're at a rally, is kind of the message.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Students from both parties at UGA would routinely go down early before the Florida game and door knock in Jax during election years.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Why raise taxes when you can institute tolls? Hey, it worked for Reagan and the first Bush ...

4. HanSenSE

Just confirms what I suspected all along. Trump and Billy Bush were talking about cats.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. This is dumber than usual.

JC likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

Only thing I'm not buying - unless I read this wrong - is she was paid not to tell her story?

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Plenty thought that in early March.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Think she got paid or was afraid her lies would be exposed?

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Geez, do people ever need to get off their high horses.

Who says I was proud, other than you, I mean? I'm mad, and did the only thing I could if I still planned to vote.

The only thing I am proud of is that I didn't vote for someone -- either of them -- because I worried about their unpredictability and unprofessionalism, or because I couldn't and wouldn't trust them, or their husband. But, of course, you all would have been just fine with it if I'd posted that "I think Hillary Clinton is a world-class, professional and potentially dangerous liar who I can't and don't trust and don't like who will say and do anything for political gain, and I think her husband would be the behind-the-scenes real president if she gets elected, but I voted for her anyway."

So quit pretending you're up in arms about someone else's wrongly perceived ignorance. The option to NOT vote for the mainstream-party candidates is and always will be THE main reason that people vote for third- or fourth-party candidates. And yes, the vote is wasted, other than FOR that reason. But it's a good and legitimate reason, especially in this election.

The other option is to not vote at all. However, if a person does that, then, by definition, you don't know how they would have voted, and their voice truly is lost in the electoral process. Not voting for the mainstream candidates, but voting for someone, sends a much clearer and more specific message than not voting at all, even if everyone will analyze and presume to know why there is any percentage of people who may not vote at all does so, particularly if it is a large percentage. Again, that will be especially true in this election, if it happens.

In fact, not voting at all was what I kind of would have liked to do. But I consider it a privilege to be able to vote, and I won't not do it, so I exercised my right in the way I thought best to convey what I could, and what I wanted.

I knew what I read about and knew what I needed to know, to the extent that I needed to know it, about the candidate for whom I voted, and that was enough. It also is probably more than what some voters may know who may even more blindly cast their ballot for, oh, let's just say, Donald Trump. About whom we've been informed, and made, less-ignorant, I guess, in the extreme.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As long as people vote, I can't kick about their choices. Staying home, that bothers me.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They're out of their fucking minds.
    On his first campaign visit to Michigan, Fucko blurred out that in his opinion, auto industry wages -- really, all state wages -- are too high, and the key is outsourcing them to non-union localities, drive those wages down, then let those jobs return to Michigan when their wage scales have been sufficiently (in his view) driven down.

So as far as Michigan is concerned, essentially he shit down his own throat.

A candy ass billionaire telling auto workers (those who have jobs at all) they make too much money ... nahh.

Rarely if ever has the whole "race to the bottom" concept been put so nakedly. Usually the Repubes are smart enough to throw in some stuff about high-paying jobs, but Dumpf didn't even think it out that far: as long as he could drive the peons' wages down to dirt dog subsistence, everything would be wonderful.

He tried to walk it back later of course, essentially denied he ever said it, but except for the real holy roller rubes out in the rural western counties, nobody was buying it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    Killick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.