1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Totally worth destroying our country for.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'... The new party line on the other side is that Republicans are racists, sexists, bigots and hatemongers. Therefore they're irredeemable and there's nothing to be done but fight and subjugate them.'

That is far from a 'new' party line.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm not endorsing the approach.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You just wait. The video of Michelle screaming "Kill Whitey" is still coming.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Voting for Trump doesn't automatically make a person those things, but it is prima facie evidence.

Killick likes this.
  9. jr/shotglass

Well, I'm glad to see it admitted that they're not ALL racists and hatemongers, even if it was stated tongue-in-cheek.

Look, you have thousands of coal miners in Pennsylvania and West Virginia who are out of work and are being told -- wrongfully, but they're being told -- that they can get their jobs back. I'm not going to point and snicker at them because they're clinging to some dim hope of a future.

Sometimes, we have to try to look beyond our own realities. Really we do.

Hokie_pokie, HC and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The RS writer undermines his own premise.
    'Surveys show the happiest people of all in this country are age 54 and older. But those same people also happen to be the chief target audiences for cable news stations, particularly Fox.'

So are they the happy or not? He's alleging that watching the news - 'particularly Fox' - makes them unhappy.
    Yet the research he cites indicates they are happy.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

Their happiness is in the state of their personal life, not with the country's direction.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Looks to me like the Comey debacle won't cost Hillary the presidency, but it probably cost her the Senate. We'll see, but I don't think the Dems can get to 50.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.