1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That's the closest map I've seen

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Seriously! :)

I am actually really pissed about it. I give it 30 percent odds that it is just garden-variety incompetence. And 70 percent odds that it is corruption. That isn't hysteria. The Democratic party lords over where I live. They are ridiculously corrupt -- to the level of indictments and several ethics-related resignations within the last several years -- even though they have the place bought and paid for.

As you can guess, I am not a registered Democrat. Even though everyone around here registers Democrat (whether they like what the party stands for or not), because their party primary decides every election, not the general election. I just wouldn't be surprised if every election, they have someone who goes through the rolls and sweeps a few independents and people from other parties off the books to make it just a little more difficult for a few votes they can't control to get counted.

Before you dismiss what I am saying. consider that this bozo is on the board of elections (the video was shot covertly at a Christmas party):

4. heyabbott

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

DON CON?

I might have gone ...

DON'T
    DO IT!

8. heyabbott

Presdient Trump
    Secty of State Gingrich
    Atty Gen Guilliani

These guys have more wives than an ISIS Commander

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Voting was a breeze today but they were out of stickers so I have to buy my own doughnut.

doctorquant likes this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My town spends alot of money on donuts and coffee and OJ. It's a very inviting polling station.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Good luck today everybody.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A little work with Google, because I wanted to find out what happens to my affidavit ballot. ... and I am changing my odds to 70 percent incompetence, not corruption. Apparently, there were widespread voter irregularities during the primary in May. Namely, 88,658 people had been purged -- many like me who had been voting in the same place for decades. I didn't find out then because I don't vote in a primary since I am not part of a party.

Second Board Of Elections Official Suspended Over Voter Purges

What is disconcerting is that when you take all of the boroughs in NY, there were 121,000 affidavit ballots cast in the primaries, and election officials tossed 90,000 of them. The picture I am getting is that tens of thousands of people like me were purged, filled out the affidavit ballot. ... and the same idiots who had presided over the operation that purged them from the rolls then tossed their votes anyhow.

Election Officials Tossed 90,000 Affidavit Ballots From Last Month's Primary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.