1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

He did the same shit days after accusing Cruz as being the son of a JFK assassination conspirator, so it's not unprecedented.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The United States has not elected back-to-back Democrats as president when the predecessor did not die in office since Pierce and Buchanan, which was before the Civil War.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He was extraordinarily gracious when Cruz dropped out. Then he started talking about Cruz's dad assassinating JFK.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Well, Trump said all the right things in his acceptance speech.
    Now THAT'S a fun fact.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely opposed.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'd thought I'd never see a more jaw-droppingly weird election night than 2000, but damned if this doesn't top it. At least in 2000 I understood going in we were looking at a probable hotly contested nailbiter. But this one just waylaid me. "WTF! just happened?" is about all I can say right now.

And, fwiw, my personal antipathy towards Trump transcends way beyond the political bullshit. I hated him long before I ever knew if he was a D or an R. I hated him in 80s, the 90s, the 00s, and now. And I could never understand why others liked him. And now he's my president, which I guess I'll have to somehow deal with.

And, btw, after Brexit and now this, the whole science of polling now needs serious re-examination. I'd once thought these polls were reliable things. Now I don't know what they are.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    I Should Coco likes this.
  8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

They're not fucking reliable. That's for sure.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

If California wasn't on the verge of a disaster with its water supply and this close to begging Washington (state) for access to water, I'd totally be for this.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm wildly in favor at the moment.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

On the national scale, the polls will have missed by two points. That really isn't that bad.

It is the individual states that went crazy.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If Canada decides to build a wall, I'm ok with pitching in a couple of dollars.

wicked and gingerbread like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.