1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Cool commercial by Pedigree with the actress going to both political rallies while wearing the opponent's shirt, pretending the dog was lost, and showing that everyone was concerned with the dog.

Vombatus and HanSenSE like this.
  2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

How heartwarming. All people love dogs. They just hate people who don't look like them or have different ideas.

Baron Scicluna and dixiehack like this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, we're all really worried about the fuckin' dog.

We just turned the nation over to a Nazi.

TowelWaver likes this.
  4. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Wasn't Christopher Walken supposed to prevent this?

Killick and TowelWaver like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don't want a hangover tomorrow, but I'm contemplating a shot just to try and get some sleep.

6. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, Trump is going to be held hostage by a GOP congress. They'll be more than happy with tax cuts but I see the Let's-Rip-Up-NAFTA Bill dying a long, slow death.

Anything that - ironically - pleases Big Business and the Jesus Brigade will get through in one form or the other. Stuff that hurts the bottom line won't.

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

What odds can I get that he doesn't make it the entire four years?

8. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

In the midst of all this, Nate Silver's model was right. Wonder how many of the other pollsters who bitched him out for having a much closer projection will apologize and admit that they whiffed horribly.

Yeah, Silver got a few states wrong. But he's the only one who accurately called the uncertainty of this shitfest.

Maybe we'll start paying attention to good data journalists like him and stop witch hunting them just because we don't like the results.

exmediahack likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Physically or politically?

Physically, maybe 50-50. He's a big bloated fatass with a terrible temper and the highest of high pressure jobs, although with his lazy slack ass in the saddle you can bet the workload will go down about 85%, a la Reagan and his grueling 10-4 work schedule.

Politically he's golden. The Dems are decimated, can't lift a finger to stop him. The GOP will keep him in power because he'll do most of what they want.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Had some time to think about the Upper Midwest going for Trump (not official yet in Minnesota and Michigan).

Maybe the difference from 2000 to 2016 is Midwesterners who would be left-of-center — or at least Clinton voters — have found their way out, to the bigger cities, to the pot-smoking West Coast, to the cultured East Coast.

The jobs have certainly gone to those places.

Growing up, I used to think of Wisconsin as a progressive place politically. Madison, not suburban Milwaukee. I guess times change.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Not enough of them and not enough of the ones in the right places.

Just about every idea I've heard from him is misguided at best and dangerous at worst, but we're all going to have to get through the next four years somehow.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Weed will soon be legal in Mass. so at least I have that.

Joe Arpaio lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.