1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

This is simply not true. The left has been shouting this for years, saying that the sky would fall when alito and Roberts were added. Since then, it's been the liberals voting in lockstep, and on most big decisions, winning with either Kennedy or Roberts.

2. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

He didn't make abortion part of his campaign for obvious reasons. (After that ridiculous comment about punishing women who had abortions.) Not anti-anybody white? You're delirious. He ran on a racist platform.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

4. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Ahhh, the magic of nostalgia. In an election where we heard again and again how people were mad this wasn't the country they were promised. And then that contingent came out and made its voice heard.

If you believe it is your God-given right to have high-paying low skill labor in a modern economy, just because of the borders you happen to have been born within, you are as majestically entitled as anyone enjoying their selfies.

(And I write that right under data pointing to people in decent economic situations leaning Trump. This post-mortem will be fascinating)

5. Guy_Incognito

Of course he won't do those things. He will do something, but not what he promised. That's my comfort- I don't believe a word he said and even if he wanted to, I don't think he's competent enough to get them done.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He can build a wall (actually, extend a wall, much of the border walled/fenced already). As for banning Muslim immigrants, I really don't see how even the most conservative Supreme Court can not see that as a basic offense against freedom of religion.

8. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

I'm fascinated to see how Trump likes being president. By all accounts, it's a high-stress job where you take shit from all sides. I can't imagine a man who couldn't sit down with his own ghostwriter without getting distracted will go through it.

SnarkShark likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If decency loses out to other priorities then they never had any.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Pop the cork, baby, LETS DO THIS !!!!!

11. Guy_Incognito

McConnell was still wrong. He just got lucky.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.