1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have no clue what you're objecting to. It's not the electoral college. The delegates are proportionally awarded. I bet you wish yours were next week.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's true, but he won by a little and she won by a ridiculously large margin, so she gets almost half the Michigan delegates and almost all the Mississippi delegates. It's hardly underhanded.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="old_tony, post: 4020682, member: 6044]I'd rather do the right thing for the wrong reasons than the wrong thing for the right reasons.[/QUOTE]

Depends on your worldview. Some pro-lifers are about as pro life as their circumstances, and are generally unsympathetic to poor parents who choose not to abort yet lack upper middle class means to raise their kids.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

A question I've repeatedly asked my sanders supporter friends: why do the most downtrodden and poorest in their party tend to side, overwhelmingly, with Clinton?

Those discussions have been interesting.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Every post you write confirms why your new career is confined to yelling from the "FraudSeeker." You are the Ted Westervelt of politics.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's more than that, and it's not as problematic as Tony makes it out to be.

As Gee pointed out, it is a replay of 2008.

Hillary wins states with a large African-Amercan vote overwhelmingly, picking up (nearly) all the delegates.

Bernie is winning his states much more narrowly, and so the delegates are split nearly evenly, even when he wins.

8. Dick Whitman

Right.

So what is Tony's objection?

9. YankeeFan

Name recognition.

They're the least informed voters.

People make fun of Trump for stating the obvious, but Hillary also loves the poorly educated.

10. YankeeFan

Misguided?

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One more thing. According to exit polls, Clinton won a solid majority of registered Democrats last night in Michigan, but was swamped by Sanders among independents in the open primary. Florida, by far the largest state to vote next Tuesday, has a closed primary, Democrats (and Republicans in theirs) only. Illinois is open, Ohio pretty much open.

12. Dick Whitman

One of Bernie Sanders's college kids was passionately explaining that he supports a flat tax on Iowa night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.