1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's a figure of speech.

Obama is criticized for not using it enough.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I just relish the idea of a guy like Buckweaver -- an anti-war protestor, and strict anti-interventionist, who hated George W. Bush for involving us in foreign wars -- pulling the lever for someone like Hillary Clinton, who will have the full backing of the neocons in a race against Donald Trump.

I wonder if he'll even bother to hate himself for the decision.

poindexter likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

He's also criticized for not personally lobbying individual members of Congress.

Trump would do both I think.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'm not a Hillary supporter by any means, and I'd pretty conservative overall, but the Clintons to me are the choice between the devil I know and the devil I don't know (Trump.) Is Hillary dishonest? Sure, she's a lifelong politician, which makes it practically her greatest attribute. But as the former Secretary of State, she has the respect of many world leaders that Trump and his buffoonery would never engender. The president is largely a figurehead who is constrained by the Congress he (or she) has to deal with. Trump as a figurehead just screams to the world that we're as bad of a country as many perceive us to be. Hillary would at least say we have the ability to entrust a woman. I still think Trump has very little chance against her in a general election, as I know many Republicans who look at him and say no way; I don't know a single Democrat who looks at Clinton or Sanders and would rather vote for Trump, Cruz or whomever is the nominee.

SFIND likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

Photo on Drudge right now:

[​IMG]

Headline: The Incredible Shrinking Campaign.

LOL. I thought I felt bad for Jeb!

Marco is being humiliated.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The thing that drives me crazy about Obama is that whatever it is he is trying to get passed, when negotiations start the first thing he does is give away the store. He has no clue about bargaining, and if there is one thing about Trump that I find effective and believable, it's that he'd be a tough negotiator.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe Trump will execute any kind of "pivot" to moderation or even conventional conservatism in a general election. It's just not in the guy to put a filter on himself.

8. YankeeFan

Yes!! This is 90% of Trump's case for being President.

Liberals get angry with Obama for his poor negotiating with Republicans, but have a blind eye to it in his negotiations with Iran, China, and Russia, etc.

Trump will have a chance to make his case to the American people, and this will be a big part of it.

9. YankeeFan

Other than immigration, and being tough on groups like ISIS, where has he been immoderate?

And, how will his positions on immigration and ISIS hurt him?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm not talking ideology here YF so much as the insults and all-around weirdness, like his infomercial for his branded products last night. And his base expects and wants the insults and borderline racist remarks to continue. It's the dilemma popular performers have faced for ages. They want to do new material, but the crowd wants the greatest hits.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Of course if Obama ever tried any of these hard-ass negotiation tactics he'd have been endlessly lynched by the right wing screech machine as an angry arrogant black man.

As it was they've been screeching about executive orders for years, even though Obungo has issued fewer than any POTUS in 80 years.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What "borderline" racist remarks? Trump's racist remarks are far enough over the borderline to pick up a case of crabs in a Tijuana whorehouse.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.