1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hipsters used to mock the olds who couldn't use email:

As part of its effort to show the 72-year-old Republican Sen. John McCain as old and out of touch, the Democratic Party's hip campaign of Sen. Barack Obama, which frequently says it honors the former POW's military service to his country, Friday released a new ad.

As noted Friday by our blogging colleagues over at the Technology blog here, the ad says, among other things: "1982, John McCain goes to Washington. Things have changed in the last 26 years, but McCain hasn't.

"He admits he doesn't know how to use a computer, can't send an e-mail."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/09/obama-ad-email.html

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I still do.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I didn't get it from twitter, I cut and pasted from an article that quoted it.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

On the other hand, my twitter-fu is weak, and I probably would have rated that comment if I had brought it here from my feed. Shrug.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It's always fun to see someone whose posts exhibit nothing but complete ignorance about conservatives and conservativism lecture conservatives about who they'll accept.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

o_t,

Who's your dog in this hunt ?

Sorry I'm too lazy to go back through the threads.

Who ya got ?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Trump is throwing a full-blown hissy fit on Twitter.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No offense, T, but conservatism is pretty easy.

Interpret the constitution like the Founding Fathers intended -- limit voting for blacks and women

Smaller government -- unless it's something needed for me and my friends

Fiscally conservative -- tax incentives to the rich instead of handouts to the poor

Strongly support 2nd amendment rights -- freedom of religion and freedom of speech, too, if they're one of us

Socially conservative -- everyone but me is weird

10. YankeeFan

There's no perfect candidate. Conservatives are going to have to compromise no matter what.

So, it's kind of hard for me to believe that conservatives would reject Rubio, especially against Hillary.

I'm having a hard time finding the original quote, but the it's been repeated many times:

And so Reagan was, on the one hand, more interested in getting results than in demonstrating his 100% adherence to principle: he was fond of saying that “if you agree with me 80 percent of the time, you’re an 80 percent friend and not a 20 percent enemy” and “if I can get 70 or 80 percent of what it is I’m trying to get … I’ll take that and then continue to try to get the rest in the future.”

How and Why Ronald Reagan Won | RedState

11. YankeeFan

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If Bush finishes third, is he still alive? Or does that pretty much guarantee a Trump-Cruz showdown?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.