1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No, it actually means more because I am willingly forfeiting my vote. I'm not stumping for any candidate here, even covertly.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It also comes back to the problem that Rubio's surrogates had when they stepped out to praise him. It's hard to name anything he has accomplished beyond getting those jobs. Add in that his rate of absence at votes (which far precedes starting the campaign) and you get guys stammering and trying to come up with an actual accomplishment.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Immigration is the issue that doomed him. If you paid attention, you'd realize that.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

His entire platform doomed him. I laughed about Chuck Schumer duping him on immigration about 300 pages ago.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Step out of your echo chamber every once in a while.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Little Marco is not ready for grown-up politics.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

OK ... but he became House speaker, senator and presidential candidate thanks to Braman's checkbook. The wife has a sweet little job too.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Or just how clueless a large portion of lefty voters are.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This (plus immigration, the other huge divider between rich and poor republicans) pretty much sums it. 2016 appears destined to be remembered as the year when poor Republicans seized control away from rich Republicans.

Which in theory doesn't sound so bad, but the sad truth is poor Republicans tend to be a xenophobic, poorly-educated and often hateful lot. So we get Trump.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.