1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Don't forget their aggressively progressive views on blacks and gays.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Star - we are political opposites but in agreement here. I don't believe in term limits at all.

I would rather have someone with experience in Congress - even if I disagree with them - over inexperienced people who aren't realistic about what can pass through the chambers. If you had the senate with a 12-year cap, you'd get a chamber full of Ted Cruz types, only taking the short view.

Term limits, in districts that are 80/20 red or blue, would only lead to a bunch of Ray Handleys following Bill Parcells types. No one wins with that.

As for getting rich in office, don't ever feel bad for an incumbent who gets voted out. Once you're in Congress, you're set for life because of the lobbying connections.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Just so we're on the same page, are you seriously arguing that an attempt to secure our border with Mexico and prevent people from coming into the country illegally is "racist?"

I suppose you also think that deporting undocumented people is also racist?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There is no evidence that this ever actually happens. If anything, he underperformed his polling.

6. Hokie_pokie

Your GOP establishment is everything that is fucked up about this country.

I can totally see why you'd want to allow that den of thieves to insulate themselves against any type of real accountability to the people.

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Depends on which undocumented immigrants you want sent home. Keep flying that American flag and playing Lee Greenwood.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, you know, Trump just insulted the faith of the most prominent Mormon in the country. He doesn't forget any group he can offend.

9. Mr. Sunshine

At least he's consistent.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Some words, like illegal, don't mean things to liberals.

old_tony and Hokie_pokie like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Just putting out a small sample. The additions are welcomed.
    And how would the sanctified states pay for highways et al without -- gulp -- raising taxes?

12. Hokie_pokie

Sure thing, sport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.