1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Just keeping it real, boss.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They both jump when Rupert Murdoch barks.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And the Post is also owned by Murdoch. No corporate synergy there, no siree.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Inky, I'm a couple of years older, and I remember hearing about this as a kid. So, I looked it up. There were three Supreme Court decisions - 1962, 1963 and 1971 (and more since then). I probably heard about the 1971 case as a kid. Anyway, here's the wiki:
    School prayer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Now, back to golf...

SnarkShark likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The fear mongering over a potential Trump presidency remains unprecedented:

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The grand irony of this race is that Trump's overriding strategy has absolutely been to sell himself as the moderate, reasonable, pragmatic choice among the candidates in both parties. And he's not completely off his rocker to think so. It's why he talks about making "great deals" so much. And I have no idea where the idea that he's going to nuke half the globe comes from. He's very up front about being a non-interventionist.

Mr. Sunshine and YankeeFan like this.
  7. YankeeFan

Most open administration in history:

old_tony likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

The other thing the left does, which doesn't make sense (though they did the same with GWB), is to claim that Trump in a big dummy, but is also an evil mastermind?

Is it possible to be both?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't often read that he's a "big dummy." People think he's smart. They don't think he studies.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

If he would just apply himself.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The RNC is getting a little annoyed at Bill Kristol for his not-so-behind-the-scenes efforts to field a "true conservative" as a third-party candidate, as widely reported yesterday. It erupted into a bit of a Twitter war yesterday.

RNC rebukes Bill Kristol on anti-Trump efforts

I wonder now if maybe there will be three right-wing candidates from which to choose -- the guy the RNC engineers its convention to select, the jilted Trump and the Bill Kristol candidate, who apparently will be either Tom Coburn or Rick Perry, who we can safely assume wants to eliminate some cabinet positions when he remembers which ones there are.

I'm going to take a few vacation days in July so I can watch gavel-to-gavel coverage from Cleveland.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, I guess we should vote for a Republican then, because those fiscally minded, small government folks have done a great job of cutting the debt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.