1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Barack and Hillary being at ground zero of an ISIS attack?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That story was a tad over the top.

I could see being angry -- and maybe fearful -- if someone had spraypainted it all over campus.

But chalk? Really?

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Has anyone else exhausted their disgust with Trump? I can't even get up the energy to engage any more. I'm pretty conservative but there is no convincing his hardcore supporters, and it seems fated that he's not only going to lose handily in the general election, he's going to force a lot of GOP Congressional candidates to accept or reject his presence in support of their own campaigns. In short, it's like watching a slowly developing car wreck. Fascinating to watch, all but impossible to stop.

SFIND and HanSenSE like this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Ace, you'd be fearful if someone spray painted the name of the presumptive Republican nominee, and the year, on your campus?

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Of course lefties agree with a lefty.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would not. But I think some legitimately might be if it's all over campus.

If you see graffiti in a neighborhood, does it make you feel more safe or less safe?

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Haven't kept up with this too much...

But, it was Cruz's Super PAC that did this, right? Or, was it the new #NeverTrump Super PAC?

Either way, it was out of bounds, though I'm not sure how anyone thinks it will cost Trump votes if it's pointed out that is wife, who everyone already knows was a model, took some sexy pictures.

That's just going to make the people that like Trump think he's even more awesome. His voters are already living vicariously through him. Why wouldn't they want to imagine that not only are they rich, famous, politically incorrect, leading the race for a presidential nomination, and married to a hot babe?

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I live in southern California. If I got fearful over spraypainted graffiti, I'd live my life curled up on my couch.

SnarkShark and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

According to a white libertarian writer - a former assistant to Ron Paul, no less - who doesn't even attend the university and asserts the biggest violation may have something to do with it being on private property.

The writers from Gawker and New York Magazine, as the piece points out, didn't agree with this white libertarian writer.

Ace likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.