1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Some odd parts have emerged from this. Now I have a distaste for prison movies or TVshows, no desire to watch Spotlight or anything that's ancestry.

2. exmediahack

More concerned about any health issues considering half my DNA died much earlier than I had been planning.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wow. I'm sorry there wasn't a happy ending. Thank you for sharing this with us.

exmediahack likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

exmedia, my late father's father died by his own hand when Dad was an infant. Late in my father's life my wife got into genealogy and discovered through her research that the grandfather was also a bigamist. She debated whether to tell my father and finally did so. He was incredibly grateful to learn the truth which his family had always hidden from him. I'll bet your children would rather know the score than not, and you are by far the best person to tell them.

HanSenSE and exmediahack like this.
  5. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me of one of my favorite songs.

Thanks for sharing your story ex, I can't say much but damn, and maybe offer congrats you aren't biologically related to him. Inky is correct, too, that you should tell them yourself, I would say ASAP.

exmediahack likes this.
  6. exmediahack

I will - probably once my mother passes. I can't really see any benefit to doing it now unless I catch cancer prematurely.

At least I joke with the wife that half my DNA was a decorated fighter pilot over Vietnam instead of the man in prison but anywho.

Thanks for the encouragement. Feel a moderate weight lifted.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Dammit, pern, some of us are here on this nice thread to get away from the unpleasantness of the tournament.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hey ex,

What I got most of all out of all this is it sounds like you've done a terrifc job with your kids and are a great father. Congratulations. What you do is what matters.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It takes a lot of courage to admit this on a forum like this.

Good luck finding the peace you desire with all of this. Obviously if you need to vent you've found a safe sounding board.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That was one of my first thoughts when I read that too. Like mellowing, I chalk that up to being in my late 40s. In my 20s and 30s, I probably never would have given it a second thought.

11. exmediahack

Not really, BYM2 but thank you for where you're coming from. True courage would be to admit it in my "real life" instead of here -- but I can't ever do that because of the consequences, both personally and professionally. I needed to drop it somewhere. Thank you.

12. exmediahack

This means I can still tell my life insurance guy that "no, no one in my family has had cancer before 80" so that my premiums stay low, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.