1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Always interesting to see when the left likes big business imposing its will.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Cruz is fucked:

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Are you talking about others or me? You do have this habit of taking anything stated by anybody to the left of your position says and applying it to the entirety of "the left." To be clear, I did not say whether or not I approved. I'm just pointing out that there were some powerful players at work on this one.

Somebody painted this as a sign of the Republican Party splintering. Maybe that is part of it. Neal claimed that he just doesn't agree with the bill, but he certainly has Republicans who don't believe him. It is kind of funny to see Republicans whining about the influence of big business on this one.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What's the explanation for the $500K? I'm expecting the denials of the sex. I want to know why Cruz gave Carly $500K.

cranberry likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, they did. They even had a "match" between Barack and Hillary that was Gooker-worthy.
    Between Trump's run in WWE in 2007 and the Hillary videos from 2008, some clever meme generators have plenty of material to work with for the next few months.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'd bet a large of sum of money that the petition was started by a gun-control advocate who wanted to spotlight the GOP's hypocrisy on the issue.

But I'm really curious what the demographic breakdown would be on those signatures. I think it would be interesting to know if it's largely gun-control advocates who are happy to troll the GOP, or if it's largely staunch gun rights advocates who missed the joke and think it would make a statement, or if it's somewhere in between.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Clinton is no less truthful than most candidates.

Your resistance to her is odd. You're really that much of a true believer that Cruz or Sanders are more palatable just for their extremism? Really?

Sanders' campaign...I mean, it's the smuggest, most pollyannish campaign in recent memory. He said, in a debate, that he wasn't one the one who ran against Obama in 2008. He actually impugned Clinton for running for president.

Sanders is the college basketball coach guaranteeing he'll make multiple Final Fours without dealing with AAU coaches. He's the candidate for people who don't know how the world works...not necessarily because of his policy ideas, but his moralism.

cranberry likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

Americans of all political persuasions are coming to the sad realization that our First Lady -- a woman of undoubted talents who was a role model for many in her generation -- is a congenital liar.

Essay;Blizzard of Lies

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Timely AND balanced, YF!

Alma likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

20 years ago, it was impossible to ignore the simple fact that the woman was a congenital liar.

I'm sure OOPbot will back up my contention that it's unlikely she would have stopped lying in the last 20 years, given what a proliferation liar she was.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I won't vote for her now because of that 20-year-old essay written by a conservative columnist.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.