1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Do you understand that he doesn't know anything? He doesn't read. He doesn't study. He doesn't care. He doesn't know anything.

heyabbott likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump is the fantasy football owner who wins his office league after drafting straight off the ESPN.com rankings he printed five minutes before the draft and then thinks he could win a Super Bowl if some NFL team would just give him the keys.

Double Down and bigpern23 like this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

from the people who said Jesus walked with the dinasours, cigarettes are healthy, beating your wife and kids instill respect, catalytic converters are the devils tools, DDT is beneficial ...

I'm more apt to believe the opposite of what Trump says since he merely parrots the lowest common denominator of the least educated and most superstitious of the populace.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Psssst...don't tell anyone, YF, but...I do.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A congenital liar? Was she telling fibs in the womb? Maybe there's a vaccine for that.

Lugnuts likes this.
  6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yes. It's not complicated at all. Japan should pay for its own defense and build its own nuclear missiles.

I Googled, and it appears that Japan was able to build plenty of planes and ships and guns about 70 years ago. What has kept Japan on the U.S. dole since then? Why would Japan have any problems building their own nuclear bombs?

Just a bunch of cheapskates sponging off of us. Stuiped Japan.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This may shock you: Hillary Clinton is fundamentally honest | Jill Abramson

For decades she’s been portrayed as a Lady Macbeth involved in nefarious plots, branded as “a congenital liar” and accused of covering up her husband’s misconduct, from Arkansas to Monica Lewinsky. Some of this is sexist caricature. Some is stoked by the “Hillary is a liar” videos that flood Facebook feeds. Some of it she brings on herself by insisting on a perimeter or “zone of privacy” that she protects too fiercely. It’s a natural impulse, given the level of scrutiny she’s attracted, more than any male politician I can think of.

I would be “dead rich”, to adapt an infamous Clinton phrase, if I could bill for all the hours I’ve spent covering just about every “scandal” that has enveloped the Clintons. As an editor I’ve launched investigations into her business dealings, her fundraising, her foundation and her marriage. As a reporter my stories stretch back to Whitewater. I’m not a favorite in Hillaryland. That makes what I want to say next surprising.

Hillary Clinton is fundamentally honest and trustworthy.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The reason all the other nuclear powers joined with the US in the effort to limit Iran's ability to build nuclear weapons is because they all have a vested interest in limiting the number of said nuclear powers. To have Japan and South Korea with their own nukes is like issuing an invitation to World War III. Bad enough India and Pakistan have 'em. To have all East Asian countries with them, ugh.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Limiting Iran's ability is no longer a concern.

old_tony likes this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hate to phrase it in appeasement terms, but can you imagine what North Korea would do if Japan and South Korea announced they had nukes? The whole region would be glowing in the dark by the end of the week.
    That those countries don't have nukes might be one of the few things keeping that paranoid idiot from starting World War III.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That and knowing that while Japan and South Korea don't, we do, and possess the ability to drop one on his doorstep. Accurately.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.