1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He can't hit a curveball, but can he sink his putts?

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That's who is PMing Dick?

Stoney likes this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'll applaud you on your honesty re: abortion.

But I won't let pass your dishonesty re: the $15 an hour. Unions have been perfectly content to "drive" the $15 an hour movement so long as it's guaranteed that their charges, current or potential, are exempt.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Perhaps because there never really has been an idea of "trickle down economics"? And, please, I've seen the Stockman quotes.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sure they know what's really going on.

8. jr/shotglass

As long as you stick with those impartial websites like truthandaction.org, you'll always have the truth at your fingertips.

Really, doesn't that raise some red flags for any right-thinking person? Guess not. Fox News is still firing away.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Good to know that those relying on the National Enquirer are picky about their sources.

10. jr/shotglass

Six of one, half-dozen ...

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I've been dishonest about that? Unions should have the ability to collectively negotiate lower floors. For example, workers might decide that they would like $13.50/hr if their total compensation included other important things (health insurance, paid vacation, education, job security, etc.) and layoffs are avoided.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that in certain traditionally lower paying sectors. The trade off is they get union representation and protections that will typically more than make up for a slightly lower wage scale.

Laws that allow for exemptions like these might also discourage companies that traditionally employ large numbers of low-wage workers from fighting organizing campaigns.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.