1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He freaking kissed him! How did this not get more coverage?

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Would eliminating HUD or the Department of Ed help or hurt poor black voters?

They've barely had time to play out? In six years, GOP policy has decimated those two states. That it was not race specific is not exactly a ringing endorsement of the success of GOP policy. And the fact that it is not race specific is why I wrote, "Should anyone who has seen at what happened there vote for a Democratic agenda or a Republican agenda?"

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

So to summarize ... we're going to have a general election with a candidate no one in the GOP establishment wants (whether that's Trump or Cruz) vs. someone a very large portion of Democratic Party voters don't want (Clinton).

And they say voting for third party candidates is a wasted vote?

Hokie_pokie and Fly like this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I read up on it! This is a great lede:

A clickbait expert, a former fugitive from Belize law enforcement and virus scan software wizard, and a pot-smoking former governor step onto a Fox Business Network stage.

If someone wants to volunteer to babysit my maniac children, I promise to watch the second hour this Friday.

5. YankeeFan

You want to compare six years of Republican policy (during which the country was struggling) to 50 years of Democratic policy? Really?

I'm not defending what has happened in Louisiana or Kansas, but 6 years is not long enough to judge a policy. Sometimes you do have to go through tough times to come out ahead in the end.

We have years and years of Democratic policies, in numerous cities, and the results are all the same.

Have Dem policies in Baltimore or Ferguson helped African-Americans? Where are the success stories?

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The White House?

7. YankeeFan

One bi-racial guy, raised in Hawaii by his white grandparents, and educated at elite, private schools is evidence that Democratic policies has benefitted poor African-Americans? Really?

Doesn't sound like the success was very broad.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Ben Carson!

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

Bernie can't tell us exactly how he would break up the big banks! He's an economic fool, with no substance behind his rhetoric.

But, I'm sure Hillary has a credible, workable policy for this:

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Pot is a drug of peace and love.

#dealwithit

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I absolutely deny the "bias." It is not bias to treat different situations differently. It is sound judgement.

12. YankeeFan

Stossel should have required that the candidates be stoned in order to take part in the debate -- though it probably wasn't necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.