1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

In other words, he's a Democrat.

expendable likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A break from the election stuff (and the other extracurriculars ;)) with a very good WaPo column about a widow whose husband had killed himself with a gun. A few years later, she cold-called the NRA and asked what they were willing to do to try to prevent more suicides by gun. The result of the call, and a lot of follow-up, shows what happens when people can actually, you know, work together.

My husband died by suicide. Here’s what happened during my awkward call with the NRA.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, he could have been a republican and never made even the slightest pretense he gave a shit about black people (or better yet, made a big deal about how he did NOT, in fact, give any such shit).

Sure is heartwarming to see teabags all of a sudden getting very concerned over the opinions of BLM members.

5. Mr. Sunshine

I don't care about those racists, but I am intrigued by your idea that Clinton shouldn't be faulted because he pretends to care about black people. You may need to have a talk with Baron.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Also, Clinton was spot-on in his comments to the protestors.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If I were black I'd rather have someone pretending to care about me and occasionally, although far too erratically, inconsistently and ineffectively for my tastes, actually doing me some good (even if only by accident) than someone with no interest ever in doing anything beneficial for me at all -- in fact, much to the contrary, scapegoating me for societal problems and targeting me for punishment.

9. Mr. Sunshine

You're smarter than that. At least that's what you keep telling us.

old_tony likes this.
  10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

We know better, though.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I agreed with Clinton's sentiments and efforts to put the issue in appropriate context, but it wasn't a smart move in political terms to allow himself to get drawn into the exchange. He hurt their feelings!

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.