1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't even see a third base here.

[​IMG]

2. Songbird

Might be the lighting, but she's kind of cute there.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

While reading that article, I came to wonder what "gas and spa treatments" are ... then I decided that sometimes ignorance truly is bliss ...

4. Songbird

Is YF really so different from James Wilson?

Delegates to the Constitutional Convention: James Wilson

Biography from the National Archives: Wilson was born in 1741 or 1742 at Carskerdo, near St. Andrews, Scotland, and educated at the universities of St. Andrews, Glasgow, and Edinburgh. He then emigrated to America, arriving in the midst of the Stamp Act agitations in 1765. Early the next year, he accepted a position as Latin tutor at the College of Philadelphia (later part of the University of Pennsylvania) but almost immediately abandoned it to study law under John Dickinson.

In 1768, the year after his admission to the Philadelphia bar, Wilson set up practice at Reading, Pa. Two years later, he moved westward to the Scottish-Irish settlement of Carlisle, and the following year he took a bride, Rachel Bird. He specialized in land law and built up a broad clientele. On borrowed capital, he also began to speculate in land. In some way he managed, too, to lecture on English literature at the College of Philadelphia, which had awarded him an honorary master of arts degree in 1766.

Wilson became involved in Revolutionary politics. In 1774 he took over chairmanship of the Carlisle committee of correspondence, attended the first provincial assembly, and completed preparation of Considerations on the Nature and Extent of the Legislative Authority of the British Parliament. This tract circulated widely in England and America and established him as a Whig leader.

The next year, Wilson was elected to both the provincial assembly and the Continental Congress, where he sat mainly on military and Indian affairs committees. In 1776, reflecting the wishes of his constituents, he joined the moderates in Congress voting for a 3-week delay in considering Richard Henry Lee's resolution of June 7 for independence. On the July 1 and 2 ballots on the issue, however, he voted in the affirmative and signed the Declaration of Independence on August 2.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Team Clinton keeps accusing Bernie's campaign of sexism.

I can only imagine a Clinton presidency. Every critic will be accused of the same.

heyabbott and Batman like this.
  6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Rebecca Traister is part of Team Clinton??

7. YankeeFan

I think Dick would approve me naming her an honorary member of the team.

8. YankeeFan

LOL NYTimes:

9. YankeeFan

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

It must be nice for some people here to draw a paycheck without doing any work. Quite an advantage that most of us don't have.

heyabbott likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.