1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If that's what you've taken away from this ... OK. I'll live. The opinions of some people mean less by the day.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I elect to learn from people here. You make it a point of pride to obstinately refuse to.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I've read more about this election cycle than any other, and that's saying something... because 2000 was a humdinger and 2008 was one for the ages.

And yet, in all that's been written... from traditional media to blogs to message boards... NOBODY knows what will happen next.

I just read an article that was like-- Paul Ryan's GOT THIS.

It's stunning.

4. jr/shotglass

YES. I refuse to be "educated" by pompous people on a damn message board. And I think it takes balls for you, or anyone, to presume they have the mental or moral superiority to teach anyone here.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You shouldn't listen to me because I'm "superior" mentally or morally (huh?). You should listen because what I say makes sense. You reflexively fight against any analysis of your statement and arguments. It reminds me a bit of how my children react. You're being defensive because you feel an attack on your ideas is an attack on you. You seem like a decent enough fellow. I hope, for your sake, you are able to grow beyond that.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

You get off on being condescending. And you think you know more than you do. That's why I -- hell, I feel safe in saying many of us -- resist being "educated" by you.

Actually, I believe oop is considerably smarter than you. He just needs to follow every statement with an insult. You do it with condescension.

Done.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Fixed.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It isn't about anyone teaching anything. Many of us learn things from people here all the time through discussion, debate and examination of thoughts and ideas and new information that is presented.

9. jr/shotglass

And so do I, cran. I learn from you on occasion, even. But I can't let this jackass go around thinking he's wisely guiding the masses.

P.S. You really made that sound more noble than it is. Just saying.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What's the point of being on a discussion board if you don't want to discuss anything?

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

Sometimes the charm is in watching others pontificate, LTL.

And I'm not about to defend my discussion or lack of same to you. That's the kind of faux superiority I'm referring to.

Save your finger-shaking for those who lurk for years without ever posting.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Huh. Sounds boring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.