1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not unless a state/district is purely proportional. In most places, if Trump gets 40 percent and the other two split the remainder down the middle, Trump cleans up with delegates.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I get the sense that nobody who ran this time around will ever run again for President. Will anyone dare say, "hey I did pretty well in '16, it's my turn"? Cruz is burning the boats picking Fiorina, ending her political viability as well. Or maybe he had a bunch of good Hillary insults he figured would be better coming from a woman.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Not for nothin', but Nate was projecting Cruz to win Indiana by a slim margin...

... But that was prior to the 'basketball rings' remark.

4. dixiehack

Except for the winner.

If Trump gets aced out of the GOP nomination, he'll start his 2020 campaign the next day. And God knows cable news will have him on every day to say how he'd have done it better if only he hadn't been cheated ...

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Your question is a complete strawman. It got the response it deserved.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Adding Fiorina gives the Cruz campaign another voice to counter Trump in Indiana. What does he have to lose? There aren't going to be any debates so why not add Fiorina?

I wonder if Bobby Knight is going to use the "basketball ring" remark. If I'm running the Trump show I hammer Cruz with that.

Back to Fiorina, how much money for ad buys in Indiana does she bring to the table? Heard something today that she was bringing in some. That true?

Lugnuts likes this.
  7. dixiehack

Might not matter if all the slots are already sold. And advertising seems to have the least impact this cycle of any I can recall.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I would guess the Fiorina pick, at least short term, is to get Trump to go after her again. I never figured she'd give it another shot anyway. It was smart to pick a female, and he could do a lot worse. And she certainly has shown she can go after Trump, and she won't be shy on Hillary either.

9. Machine Head

I suppose ad buys are a moot point.

Trump owns what's being broadcast.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Makes one wonder if Cruz's veep announcement was timed to win this news cycle from Trump after the latter's foreign policy speech. And if you missed the speech, you didn't miss a thing.

Lugnuts likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He won't wait for '20 if he gets aced out at the convention. He'll start running in the general the next day. You think Trump voters care about a pledge he signed? He'll run as third party.

Kind of a more interesting question is what the GOP does with its rules for the next cycle to keep someone like Trump out. They've been tweaking their process after each loss to keep the previous disaster from happening again. McCain won too soon, Romney too late. Trump too often.

12. Machine Head

Fiorina breaking into song was something new for a politician.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.